Saturday, February 16, 2013

December Catch Up

December was a busy month as I’m sure it is in most households. It always seems like Christmas just sneaks up so quickly. Plus with Elizabeth’s birthday on the 20th, there was a lot to do. We started out the month with our LPA Chapter Christmas Party. Elizabeth had a lot of fun seeing Santa and there was a caricature artist there who did the girls’ picture.
IMAG0780_BURST004 
IMAG0790
Elizabeth helped decorated the tree and she loves all the Christmas decorations. She would drag everyone who came over to the tree and show them the ornaments that she put on. After we took it down, she kept going to the spot saying, “Where me tree?”
IMAG0783_BURST002IMAG0787
Elizabeth said she wanted a Curious George party for her birthday. With everyone so busy this year, we just did a family only party. In our family we have a tradition where you have to search for your presents and cake. This year Elizabeth really got the concept and had fun looking.
IMAG0820_BURST002IMAG0821_BURST002
My best attempt at a homemade George cake
PC166121
Party Decorations
PC166125
I found them!
PC166133

PC166135
PC166163
Her new doll
Elizabeth was all dressed up for her party because we had it the Sunday before her birthday. That morning at church was her first Christmas Program. She did really well for being the youngest one by almost 2 years.
So for Elizabeth’s actual birthday, I made her pancakes. Her expression when the whipped cream fell off is priceless!
For her birthday, Elizabeth was getting a new doll. I decided to get a bed to go with it for Christmas. She was getting a Bitty Twin doll (hardly used off Ebay to save some money!) and I thought I could save some more money by making her a doll bed instead of buying one from American Girl. I found a cute pattern on Pintrest and decided to try my hand at furniture making. (Pattern from Ana White: http://ana-white.com/2010/11/doll-farmhouse-bed) Well I guess I hadn’t checked out the price of wood lately, but by the time I bought wood, bedding materials, paint, etc., it ended up costing about 3 times what I expected it to. Not to mention all the time it took (I’ve never built anything before so it took me a long time). Plus I decided to make the trundle and then I found the super cute fabric at Hobby Lobby that had a matching panel quilt to go with it, so I made one for Elizabeth so she could match her doll. (That poor quilt in itself threw quite a time crunch dilemma in not only my plans but my poor mom’s as well). But all in all it turned out well.
IMAG0832IMAG0833
Everyone had a great time at Christmas! Plus here are some of the girls holiday photos.
PC256203PC256223PC256231PC256243PC256258PC256265
IMAG0841IMAG0850_BURST003IMAG0878img_0007img_0016img_0040

No comments:

Post a Comment